We love to welcome guests to our farm, share our little paradise, and bring some joy to other people’s lives. All farm tours are private and by appointment, meaning this is just your group, leaving us flexible to adjust to your wishes.
The farm tour has two parts, our Alpaca Social and Alpaca Walk, and is about 1 hour long. We are open year-round, every day. The alpacas don’t mind the weather and we bundle up, grab some rain gear, and keep up with the alpacas’ way of life. We might stay longer in the barn, or under the trees, or go for a shorter walk. We make it work and you will have at least one hour of alpaca quality time.
We visit the alpacas in the pasture or barn. Every guest will receive a container with alpaca treats to feed the alpacas. We will tell you everything we know about alpacas in general and introduce you to our herd of about 40 alpacas. We have lots of stories about our four-legged friends. They all have their own personality and quirks. They are shy, funny, demanding, and all-around magical.
We take our alpacas on a leash for walks down the country road. We train them very carefully for this activity. Not all alpacas will do this. Of the 40 alpacas we have, about 10 feel comfortable enough to come for walks with us. We take up to 6 at a time with us and bigger groups will have to take turns and share.
The walk is about 1 km long. If our guests don’t feel like walking that far, we stay closer to the farm and go for short walks around the house or just visit with them in the backyard.
We can adjust easily to every group’s needs and requirements.
We finish our farm tour with a visit to the farm store where we can show our guests what we create from our alpacas’ fibre (hair). We knit, crochet, and felt products in our fibre studio here on the farm.
(changed June 1st, 2023)
- Group Price
- Base price – $80.00 (1 or 2 people)
- Group price – $40.00 per person
- Group flat price – $300.00 for 8 to 11.
- Family / Seniors Price
- Base price – $80.00 (children 5 and under are free)
- Family / Seniors price – $30.00 per person
- Family / Seniors flat price – $200.00 for 7 to 11.
Please note, the family price is designed for one family with children under 16.
If you would like to redeem a gift certificate for your booking, please enter the certificate number in the Comments/Question section and choose “pay with Gift Certificate. (Gift Certificates can be purchased in the Farm Store)
Terms of Payment and Refund
- At least the minimum payment is required to reserve your session.
- You always can change how many people are part of your reservation, (children under 5 are free) and we will adjust accordingly.
- Up to 2 weeks before your visit we will refund your payment minus $10.00 for administrative costs
- Up to 2 days before the visit we will refund your payment minus the base price
- There is no refund for cancellation within 48 hours of your reservation
Please note that we are not able to reschedule your reservation. Just send us a cancellation request and schedule a new appointment as soon as possible.
Book your Walk and Talk now:
(please note: dates on a shaded background or with a line across are fully booked out)
Please dress for the weather and farm environment – warm jackets and boots for winter, closed toed shoes, rain jackets in the summer.
For inquires and more information send us an e-mail – SamysAlpacaFarm@gmail.com or text (226) 678-2649